Green Bay, Wisconsin

I recently picked some of this Breyer's Birthday Blast ice cream (I believe this was it; contained chunks of cake and sprinkles in vanilla ice cream) and it was down-right gross. AVOID this ice cream at all costs.

I love cake batter/birthday cake ice cream and this was disgraceful to the name.

The vanilla ice cream itself was plain horrible. It lacked flavor completely (at first I thought I picked up non-fat or something) and the consistency was literally closer to whip cream than ice cream. There is no saving grace for this item at all. I passed up a much cheaper pale of Eddy's ice cream to try this more expensive (and therefore seemingly better tasting) brand, ugh.

Forget stepping on that bear trap last summer: this was the biggest mistake of my life. My girl friend and mother also confirmed this - the former also asked if it was reduced fat as well.

Well, it wasn't...just reduced flavor. It instantly went in the trash, no would take another ***.

Product or Service Mentioned: Breyers Ice Cream.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Hate to break this to everyone, but this product has no relation to ice cream--it's called frozen dairy dessert. They make the boxes identical and mix them with the real ice cream.

Here are the ingredients, yum yum! And yes, carnauba wax is what you use on your car.

INGREDIENTS: FROZEN DAIRY DESSERT [MILK, CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, CREAM, WHEY, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, GUAR GUM, CAROB BEAN GUM, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, CARRAGEENAN, ANNATO (FOR COLOR), VITAMIN A PALMITATE, TARA GUM], CAKE PIECES [WHEAT FLOUR, SUGAR, EGGS, SOYBEAN OIL, NONFAT MILK, CORN STARCH, CORN SYRUP, SODIUM BICARBONATE, NATURAL FLAVOR, SALT, VANILLA EXTRACT, TURMERIC (COLOR)], RAINBOW SPRINKLES [SUGAR, CORNSTARCH, VEGETABLE OIL (PALM AND PALM KERNEL), DEXTRIN, SOY LECITHIN, CONFECTIONER'S GLAZE, RED 40 LAKE, YELLOW 5 LAKE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, YELLOW 6 LAKE, CARNAUBA WAX, BLUE 1 LAKE, RED 3, BLUE 1, RED 40].

@Anonymous

Carnauba wax is from a Brazilian palm tree and is actually safe to eat.

KevinRichards

I like how these children think that just because they did not like a product that it should be taken off the shelf. It does not matter how many people like the product. How immature and selfish.

Dude are you serious! I absolutely love that ice cream!

You have no taste buds. This ice cream is AMAZING