Antelope, California

Two of my favorite ice creams have always been Breyer's coffee and Breyer's natural vanilla ice cream. Unfortunately, their coffee flavor has recently been changed, and is now bitter (especially the aftertaste).

Maybe they were trying to go for a more realistic coffee flavor (it does taste more like coffee), but they ignored an elementary selling rule...

**If it's been selling good for a long time and there is no reason to think it will stop selling good in the near future, DON'T CHANGE THE PRODUCT (or service).**

I'm not looking for ice cream that tastes like coffee. I hate coffee. Even if I liked coffee, there are plenty of other ice creams that taste like coffee already (some have whole coffee beans in them).

Just because it's called "coffee ice cream" doesn't mean it has to taste like coffee. Leave that to cappuccino ice cream and Starbucks' iced frappuccinos. Give me back my cream and sugar!

(Not buying it again unless the label changes, in which case I'll try it once more. If it's still bad, I'm switching brands.)

Product or Service Mentioned: Breyers Ice Cream.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Breyers Pros: Old coffee flavor.

Breyers Cons: New coffee flavor.

Comments

I haven't purchased Breyers coffee ice cream since they changed the flavor. Their coffee ice cream WAS my favorite. It's a shame they felt the need to change it.

#1019760

Breyers coffe Ice cream tastes BAD.it is not the same recipe. What a horrible trick.

You buy Breyers which you have enjoyed just eating forever, (your favorite flavor) and scoop a a bowl and you get YUCK! what happened to the wonderful Breyers ice creanm you have loved your whole life. Will NOT buy it agian.

It tasates bad! Such a sad day in our home!

I know exactly what you mean. I had a bowl this evening which made me find your review. Bring back the classic coffee flavor that we all know and love!