Boston, Massachusetts
1.5

I bought a container of Breyers Peanut Butter Cup Blast last weekend. It was in my freezer for 24 hours before use.

The consistency of the first serving was soupy and tasted like fake chocolate with a chalky aftertaste. Although my freezer is very cold (full ice cube bucket, rock solid frozen meat) I set the container on my back porch for 12+ hours overnight in below 0 degree temperatures (New England winter). The next day I opened the container and the ice cream was still a soupy mess. If ice cream cannot freeze in below 0 degree temperature that speaks volumes as to the lack of quality control and quality ingredients going in it.

Breyers' migration from simple ingredients (milk, cream, sugar) to a preservatives-based recipe has alienated this consumer. I submitted a complaint to Breyers/Unilever. Unless Breyers/Unilever can provide me with a timely and plausible explanation of why its ice cream product cannot freeze it will have lost me as a customer forever. Scratch that.

I won't by Breyers again. Why buy ice cream that cannot freeze?

Product or Service Mentioned: Breyers Frozen Dairy Dessert.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Breyers Cons: Breyers soupy gum.

Comments