Bellevue, Washington

I am extremely unhappy that Breyers Ice Cream changed their recipe...doesn't taste any different now than the generic store brand ice cream they sell at a discount price and yet still charge the same as they did when their ingredients were all natural milk,cream,sugar,and whatever flavor...PLEASE go back to the good old recipe and stop being stingy with your quality ingredients, unless you care little for the well being and health of your loyal consumers. I can't risk consuming artificial ingredients and refuse to serve it to my children! Very disappointing because we always enjoyed Breyers Ice Cream!

Product or Service Mentioned: Breyers Ice Cream.

Comments

I totally agree ...the new version if Bryers ice creAm is awful

It used to be ice cream. It is now best.described as "***".

I LOVE(D)... Breyers, back when it was REAL.

It tasted like homemade ice cream. Now that it is FAKE, I will not buy it -- It's texture and taste is not even close to what it once was. There is no longer a brand in the ice cream market that keeps it simple, real & delicious. Breyers had a niche in the market when they had pure & simple ingredients, now they are just like every other gelatinous disgusting "dairy desserts".

I hope that some decision-maker at Breyers has the sense to go back to their roots. Otherwise, I hope that the company goes belly-up for making such an awful decision.

Back in the 80s, my mother would give us Breyers and explained why simple, good ingredients are better. I recently brought some home, and my wife said, "it tastes waxy-- I won't eat that stuff!" No, Breyers is good ice cream" I argued, and looked at the carton.

She was right. Recipe is changed. It is ***.

A brand sold out for older folks who don't realize it. Yuck.

Breyers must have some wackos working for them now, only a complete imbosol would do this with a company of a good reputation. Get the *** out you idiots, let the people with common sense get back to making real icescream NOT SOME *** with the Breyers name. Idiots!

I agree! Breyers is complete *** now. They lost me as a customer.

I agree it is not worth buying! I always bought bryer because it was the best. Now I'll just buy the less and the cheapest.

I just bought Breyers Rocky Road and Butter Pecan and was disgusted when I tasted the new "frozen dairy dessert"! I USED to love Breyers. So disappointed!

I found similar occurrences. I used to love the vanilla cherry flavor and one day when I bought some it tasted off.

I looked at the ingredients and was disappointed to find that it now contained corn syrup when it did not before.

This is happening with more and more flavors and since I normally try not to eat the unhealthy stuff, it is becoming impossible to find decent Breyer's flavors. When so many other companies are stoping the use of that ingredient, why are they increasing so drastically?

Vile taste!

Would like to know if their alleged taste tests were conducted with homo sapiens.

God awful!

I am returning my Breyers Rocky Road and getting Haagen Dazs! This *** sucks now.

I've been eating it all my life and I thought I was going crazy thinking my taste buds were off but thanks to everyone here I realize now that Breyers just got CHEAP without lowering the price. Totally disappointed.

#551979

Breyers was the only ice cream I would buy. Now, it doesn't even contain cream. Not buying again until they change it back

I just opened a container of the black raspberry chocolate chip and after the first *** I knew something was wrong. It tasted just like the old nasty cheap icecreams and I am mad!

Berger's...YOU SUCK NOW AND I WILL NEVER EVER BUY YOUR PRODUCTS EVER AGAIN...unless you change it ALL back to the original recipe! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PPL?! ITS GROSS! VERY DISAPPOINTED!

We ALWAYS had Beaters growing up! It was a treat my grandparents always bought for us!

Now its ***! CHANGE IT BACK!

I just bought the cherry vanilla which was my all time favorite ice cream only to discover that it was not the same flavor and texture as before. How disappointing! I won't buy this again and I'm sad that I'll have to find a new favorite.

Breyers Cherry Vanilla was my favorite ice cream when I was a child. I was caught unawares and bought the new "frozen dairy dessert" by accident.

It is the most disgusting "frozen dessert" I have ever tasted.

Horrible, plastic, greasy, yucky... I want my money back!

:? I just checked the ingredients on a cherry vanilla and found mono- and di-glycerides??!!!!

NOTICE: I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANY MORE BRYER ICE CREAM.

JUST THINK OF THE SHIPPING COSTS YOU WILL BE SAVING BY NOT HAVING TO SHIP ANY MORE ICE CREAM! BE SURE TO ENJOY YOUR "PROFITS," YOU CORPORATE GREEDY SONS OF PREGNANT FEMALE DOGS!!!

I agree. Old recipe was better. Try Ben and Jerry's or hagendaas.

breyers now has the consistency of margarine. It is vile.

Why on earth would they do this?

It is revoloting. Never again will I purchase from them.

good ice cream in the state

I cannot afford to buy ice cream very often but when I can I WILL BUY THE BEST BRYERS.... but I couldn't even eat it.

It wouldn't stay down in my stomach... no details, but my stomach refused it.

It was so thick, gummy and set up solid in the bowl on top of the water setting in it to be washed. UGH, never ever buy Breyers!