Tallahassee, Florida

My boyfriend loves the Butter Pecan but not enough pecans! I recently asked him to pick me up the kind named Banana Split...what a mistake!!!

I wish I had read the label!! this tastes nothing like a banana split!!!!! Now I'm stuck having to eat this mess because we cant afford to buy another brand!

I AM THROUGH WITH BUYING BEYERS AND PAYING HIGH DOLLAR! I must be paying for the name, sure ain't for the quality!!!

OMG now you I see at the bottom of this page you want me to PAY to have my complaint seen by others..HAS THIS COMPANY LOST ITS MIND COMPLETELY?????????????

Product or Service Mentioned: Breyers Ice Cream.

• banana split ice cream

Comments

This is false advertising because she assumed she bought ice cream, when in fact it was "frozen dairy dessert." They put them in the same freezer as ice cream and use the exact same boxes. Some supermarkets even label the shelf as ice cream. Here are the ingredients--pretty obvious why it tastes terrible:

Frozen Dairy Dessert [Milk, Banana Puree, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Cream, Whey, Maltodextrin, Propylene Glycol Monoesters, Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gum, Mono- and Diglycerides, Carob Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Turmeric Oleoresin (for Color)], Strawberry Swirl {Sugar, Strawberry Puree, Water, Pectin, Citric Acid, Red Berry Color (Black Currant Berries, Elderberries, and/or Blackberries), Natural Flavor], Chocolatey Chips [Sugar, Coconut Oil, Cocoa Powder (Processed with Alkali), Milkfat, Soy Lecithin (an Emulsifier), Vanilla Extract].

Why don't you just take the ice cream back to the store you bought it at and get a refund? Better yet, if you shop at a store like Safeway, you only have to bring in your receipt and tell them you were unhappy with the product. They will give you your money back and you get to "have your cake and eat it too".

You NEVER have to settle for something you have paid for and are not satisfied with.

MikeBrady

First of all, you are not complaining to Breyer's. This is a generic complaints site that may or may not be read by the company complained about.

Second, read carefully, you don't have to pay to make your review visible to everyone. I can see it and so can everyone else. That extra money is for them to put a little red box around your complaint to make it more noticable.

Lastly, Just because something doesn't taste good to you doesn't make it false advertising. You are making a big deal out of nothing.

@MikeBrady

It's not false advertising, it's deceptive marketing and pkging. Just as bad.

@Anonymous

Not that either. If one is too lazy or ignorant to read the labels it can be a good lesson.

What do you want them to do? Put huge letters that say "This is not actually ice cream according to the standards set by the USDA but is similar to appearance and taste but you might not like it"?