Because Breyer's is so good, yet so expensive for my budget, I took full advantage of your ice cream being on sale at my local Lowe's Grocery a cou;le of weeks ago.

I purchased 4 cartons of Breyer's Ice Cream at Lowe's in Advance, NC.. Breyer's is my favorite ice cream, and when my local Lowe's had it on sale at 2 cartons do $5.00, I immediately bought 4 cartons. One I opened as soon as I got home---the Girl Scout Chocolate Mint Cookie flavor. I was taken back when I opened the carton on to find it looked freezer burned and old and appeared dried out. It was as though it were full of air holes, and had pulled away from the carton sides. I did dish some out to eat, but it was not good. When I opened the second carton, which was Chocolate, I found it was the same as the Girl Scout Cookie Ice Cream.

Two days ago, I took a carton of the Coffee Ice Cream to a Birthday Celebration. To my surprise and embarrassment,

the host of the party opened the Coffee Ice Cream and immediately stated, "This ice cream is old. It should be returned to the store where it was purchased." I was so embarrassed, and threw out my last carton upon my return home.

Now, I have not reported this to the store where the ice cream was purchased, but thought I would contact the manufacturer, directly. I do not feel this was an error of proper refrigeration at the grocery, nor do I feel it is because of improper refrigeration while in shipment. I feel this problem my be in the storage warehouse where your product is initially stored after manufacturing. I am in hopes you might be able to track the exact problems of these ice creams from the special Girl Scout flavor which is only available during certain months, I would think.

Please know this is not an angry email, but one of information for correction. I hope this note will help you track where your problem may lie.

Product or Service Mentioned: Breyers Girl Scout Cookies Thin Mints Ice Cream.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Sand Texture In Ice Cream