Breyers - Terrible quality

Let's just start off by saying I have always loved Breyers ice cream, especially their Oreo icecream.(I will only get Oreo ice cream if it's from Breyers).However recently I bought one and was highly upset with the quality of it.

First off there was barely any Oreos(it was more of a Vanilla icecream than Oreo), second it's was very foamy and melted easily,even after being left in the freezer for two days straight.

I'm am never the type to complain, but I was just not satisfied with this new Ice cream or whatever you want to call it.Hopefully they will fix this problem!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Oreo Icecream
Review category
Food Manufacturers
review #513629

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Breyers? Submit review ›
Helpful? 10 Yes 10 1 No 1
Had the same issue 8 Yes 8
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 07 #1141205

I am 60 years old and remember as a kid my dad bringing home Breyer's vanilla fudge twirl with the vanilla ice cream made with real vanilla beans and the fudge actually being a dark, bittersweet ice cream (as opposed to the chocolate syrup of lesser ice creams). It was the only ice cream we got besides home made. Boy did I start having rude awakenings when the non-gummy Breyer's fell in quality seemingly overnight and it became the gummiest "frozen treat" on the market. The flavors became inferior in quality and finally I just stopped getting it because even the plain vanilla was like eating liquid rubber because of all the guar gum, gum carageenan and other emulsifiers/stabilisers/gums. It barely melted at room temperature. What a shame. It used to be a great product when you were not in the mood for something as rich as the Haagen Daz type ice cream but now Turkey Hill, Edie's and even Walgreen's house brand are superior to Breyer's. When their sales started slipping the last thing they needed to do was opt to produce a low quality, cheaper to manufacture product. I would have paid $7 for a half-gallon for the orignal but now don't buy it at all even if it is the only brand with a flavor I like because it is such an inferior brand, gummy and bizarre it is inedible. What a shame. Many fond memories were made with birthday cake and Breyer's. It was a family tradition once a week (Breyer's, not birthdays). Every Sunday we had Chinese food. Another night of the... Show more

1 2 Reply

Jul 28, 2014 #847078

The quality of Bryer's has taken a nose-dive in recent years. They changed the ingredients and it is not all natural anymore. Now it's just like any other fake ice cream. I would suggest organic ice cream.

11 0 Reply

Aug 27, 2014 #862448 Azcapotzalco, Federal District

yup its not "ice cream" anymore its "frozen dairy dessert" and it sucks if it says that on the label.

9 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.