It has been years since I quit buying buyers butter pecan. I was really missing how it used to taste so I decided to buy it again and it is worse than ever.

I am very disappointed that a large competitive company cannot put together some really good and healthy ice cream. I am 64 years old and I know the before and after taste of the brewers ice creams. It was always bought in my family and in the family that I raised.

All my kids loved it and I knew it was good for them, my kids are adults now but they are not following in the tradition of buying Brewers they do not like the take and do not trust the ingredients to be healthy for them and their children. I think changes are in order.

Product or Service Mentioned: Breyers Butter Pecan Ice Cream.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I just ate some ice cream from quality dairy and I bit into the MOST bitter pecan I’ve ever tasted, it almost made me throw up.. I spit it out immediately but the extreme bitterness was STILL there !!

Only after I brushed my teeth and washed my mouth and tongue did it subside. Worst experience with ice cream ever ...

Entire family agreed that every single pecan was extremely old and stale tasting. It was so bad, it couldn’t have been a fluke thing — it had to be the company’s intent to use low grade pecans to save money.

If that is what they do with this flavor, I can no longer trust the quality of any of their ice cream. Do not recommend Breyer’s ice cream to anyone.

Just want to say I agree that the pecans taste as if they were very stale, almost rancid.

Breyers Reviews